Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If registration is required or recommended, click the 'Register Now' button to start the process.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Salon: Introduction to Infant Mental Health - Supporting the Parent-Child Dyad
Wednesday, May 18, 2022, 7:00 PM until 9:00 PM
CSCSW Salon Series
Registration is required
Payment In Full In Advance Only
Introduction to Infant Mental Health through a Trauma-Informed Lens: In this training you will gain an overview of what Infant Mental Health is and doorways of intervention from pregnancy through age 3. 2 CEUs.
- Gain an overview of Infant Mental Health, including an understanding of attachment styles and related behaviors associated for babies and parents within each style
- Learn about long-term neurological impacts from trauma exposure in-utero and during infancy and early childhood
- Explore behaviors that raise red flags for further assessment, and gain resources available for intervention
- Learn prevention tools that support families to increase healthy development for babies and young children
- Identify the value of reflective supervision in working with this population
About the Presenter:
Debbie Mayer is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker who has had extensive training in Infant Mental Health. She is an Infant Mental Health Mentor – Clinical with IMH-E®, identifying she has received “endorsement for culturally sensitive, relationship-focused practice promoting infant mental health.” Debbie has worked clinically with adults and families for close to 20 years in a variety of settings including in-home, school, and community mental health centers; and has collaborated within the community on behalf of families involved with child protective services. Debbie currently has a private practice in Longmont, CO and provides training on the local and national level.
Who Can Attend this Event?
This event is free for active CSCSW. Non-members may attend for $45. Current social work students may attend for free after submitting proof of student status (copy of valid student id, current course schedule from registrar, etc).